For what seems like ages now, I have been searching for my dream. I know that your twenties are supposed to be this golden age where you really begin to discover yourself and get your fingers into a bunch of different pies. That particular task has been somewhat difficult for me, because - well, I didn't want to screw it up. I would concoct these ideas about where I was going to go to school and what I would study and the places I'd go and all of the fantastical people I would meet. These plans were eventually scrapped because I would let myself be convinced that it wasn't the right thing to do.
I've decided that I would rather screw up and do the wrong thing than waste my time doing nothing at all. I want to travel, and drink coffee in places I've never been before. I want to see foreign sites. I want to meet people I wouldn't normally have come across.
I suppose I got used to having things and events directed and planned out for me, in some respects. I moved out, I did the stretching-of-the-wings thing already, but sometimes I feel like I should be doing something more. I have yet to discover what that is though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hmmmm....
Not sure if my 20s have been my golden age, but they certainly have been strange. Strange and roaring.
I agree, though, that trying new things and possibly screwing them up is better than not trying anything at all. That's how I try to live my life.
Post a Comment