01 January, 2009

the sun keeps on shooting through pine trees, and the grass stains are wet on your new jeans;

I'm feeling only a bit hungover after last night's festivities. I reserved a New Year's Eve package at the Omni Hotel in downtown Richmond for me and Bryan. By the time I picked him up from work Wednesday afternoon, I could hardly contain the secrecy anymore, so instead of plotting an elaborate plan to blindfold him and get him to our destination unknowingly, I simply told him about it. He was very surprised, which that alone was more than enough to make me happy.

We had a wonderful French dinner, with champagne, and fondue for dessert. I opted for the chicken, and Bryan went for the beef tenderloin. It all seemed quite basic, and I've never had a proper French dinner before, so I don't know exactly what part of the dinner was classified as "French." Perhaps they knew that much French kissing would ensue at the stroke of midnight?

Back in the room after dinner, we watched a marathon of Dog the Bounty Hunter, and sipped on some tasty adult beverages. We fell asleep shortly after 1:30am, both in a drunken stupor. This was truly the most memorable New Year's Eve in all of my 26 years. There is nothing better than spending it with the one person who has your whole heart.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Aw, bless! It sounds like it was a great time.