07 January, 2009

you always did prefer the drizzle to the rain;

I've not slept well the past few days. To make matters worse, I've also had some crazy dreams to boot. Dreams about the boyfriend murdering innocent people at local gas stations, filling up their tanks. The worst part is that I'm there with him, and apparently, if I tell anyone, it's off with my head, too. We arrived back to his place with a dead body in the trunk, and he checked his mail. It was full of Easter candy.

Then there was the dream that occurred Monday night, where I was being shipped off to South Africa against my will, to partake in a mass suicide. What gives?!

This morning I came across a link entitled "Six Reasons Why We Have Bad Dreams." Let us delve into these, shall we?

1) Anxiety & Stress - A very mild case. I'm normally always stressed over SOMETHING, so I doubt this reason in particular holds any bearing.

2) Spicy Foods - No argument there. Less hot sauce, more….ketchup?

3) Fat Content of Food - Ahhh, yes. Definitely a winner. It's not something I'm giving up though, and you can't make me.

4) Alcohol - Sparse consumption. It's safe to say this is not a factor.

5) Drugs - My Ibprofen supplier recently moved out of state, so I'm having a difficult time getting my hands on the goods.

6) Illness - All is well in the health department.

Now, what can we conclude from this reasoning? I will now start boozing it up, injecting myself with heroin, avoid cutting the fat off my meat, and drinking habanera juice before bed each night. Problem solved.

4 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Wow, you can't get ibuprophen? Really?

You kidding!

Sounds like some pretty scary dreams.

Brianne said...

I was just being sarcastic about the Ibprofen. :)

Thankfully last night the scary dreams stayed away!

Jannie Funster said...

I thought you were. Joking about the ibuprophen, that is. But you never know until you get toknow someone better.

Scary dreams come and go. Last night mine were just plain weird, but one part I remember -- my buttocks looked really toned and taut as I was dancing in somebody's kitchen, so that was a nice change from the darker stuff that passes through.

THANKS FOR COMING OVER TO MY BLOG AND LEAVING A COMMENT!!

And thaks for being a poetry nut too, although I only write mine now and then but I'm always up for reading the good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Very strange indeed!! I always knew there was something that I secretly liked about you!! LOL

Honestly though, I hate having nightmares, and feel for you.
Hope you can chase them away...now if you have said something about being trapped in a public bathroom...ahhh I would have understood!